1. DATA CONTROLLER
PEP Labels AG, Pfeffingerring 201, 4147 Aesch, Switzerland, Basel-Landschaft Commercial Register Office, VAT reg. no.: CHE-102.389.809 (hereafter referred to as “PEP Labels”) is the data controller as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation and corresponding national legislation.
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY PEP LABELS
2.1. PEP LABELS processes the personal data
- that you provide to us when you contact us by email, in person, via a contact form or in any other way;
- in connection with the purchase of our products or services; or
- as part of the recruitment process.
2.2. PEP LABELS uses various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website. Using cookies or through your web browser, PEP LABELS may for example collect information about the type of device you use to access the website, your IP address and geographic location, your operating system and browser version, the content you access, the web pages and the search terms you enter on our website.
You can set your web browser so that you are told whenever cookies are received, and so that you can decide which ones to accept or whether instead to reject cookies in particular cases or in general; you can also set your browser to automatically delete cookies when you close it. If you deactivate cookies, the features of this website may be limited.
3. HOW PEP LABELS USES PERSONAL DATA
PEP LABELS may use personal data as follows:
- To process jobs and orders.
- To promote our products and services. This includes sending you newsletters, promotional communications, offers and other communications that may interest you.
- To review and process your application, if you have applied for a job with us.
- To comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- To establish, exercise and defend our legal rights or to take legal action.
- For our legitimate business interests, such as conducting business analyses and maintaining our operations.
- To assess complaints and enquiries.
- To prevent or respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activity.
4. REASONS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The following form the legal basis for processing your personal data:
Consent: if necessary, PEP LABELS will obtain your consent for processing your personal data.
- Consent: if necessary, PEP LABELS will obtain your consent for processing your personal data.
- Contract performance: PEP LABELS may need to process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you or to fulfil our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interests: PEP LABELS may use your personal data for its legitimate interests, some examples of which are set out above.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: PEP LABELS may process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
5. HOW PEP LABELS SHARES INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
5.1. PEP LABELS may share your personal data outside the company. For example:
- Sharing with third parties involved in selling our products or providing our services, such as shipping companies, payment service providers, credit checkers, email and web hosting providers and so on.
- To the extent required by law, such as when PEP LABELS is required to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation.
5.2. If PEP LABELS transfers your personal data outside of Europe, it ensures that the data are protected and transferred in accordance with the legal requirements applicable to the information. This can be done in a number of ways, such as:
- The country to which PEP LABELS sends the personal data may be recognised by the European Union.
- The recipient may have signed an agreement based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Union that require them to protect your personal data.
- If the recipient is located in the US, it may be a certified member of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
6. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PEP LABELS may keep your personal data for different lengths of time, depending mainly on:
- The purpose for which PEP LABELS uses your personal data: PEP LABELS retains personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose;
- Legal obligations: laws or regulations may specify a minimum period for which PEP LABELS must retain your personal data.
PEP LABELS ensures that the personal data we hold are subject to appropriate security measures.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1. Right to informationYou may ask the data controller to confirm whether we are processing personal data relating to you. If we are, you have a right to information about this personal data and the information described in Art. 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to request information about whether the relevant personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation.
7.2. Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the data controller, if your personal data that we process are inaccurate or incomplete. The controller must correct the data without delay..
7.3. Right to deletion
You may demand that the data controller erases personal data concerning you without delay, and the data controller is obliged to do so if one of the following applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- Your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The deletion of the relevant personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject.
7.4. Right to be informed
If you have asserted the right to rectification, deletion or restriction of processing vis-à-vis the data controller, then the data controller is obliged to communicate this rectification or deletion of the personal data or restriction of their processing to every recipient to whom the relevant personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate outlay. You have the right to be told by the data controller who these recipients are.
7.5. Right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection lawYou have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. Doing so shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing done on the basis of your consent before you revoked it.
PEP LABELS provides the following contact for the protection of your rights:
PEP Labels AG
phone +41 (0) 61 756 2020